22.214.171.124 Notice of Debts
If a debt due to the Commonwealth has not been paid in full, Centrelink must give the person a notice in respect of the debt.
The notice must specify:
- the date the notice was issued,
- the reason for the debt,
- the period to which the debt relates,
- the debt amount,
- the day the amount is due and payable i.e. 28 days after the date of the notice,
- that an interest charge may be applied to the debt if the person does not enter into a payment arrangement and make a payment under that arrangement,
- that an interest charge may be applied to the debt if the person fails to comply with a payment arrangement or the payment arrangement is terminated,
- payment options, and
- contact details for enquiries concerning the debt.
More than one notice may be issued in relation to a debt.