220.127.116.11 Roles & Responsibilities - Cashless Debit Card Trial
In the Cashless Debit Card Trial, DSS, Services Australia, the financial institution and the community body have various roles and responsibilities.
DSS is responsible for:
- policy for the Cashless Debit Card Trial,
- Cashless Debit Card hotline,
- managing wellbeing exemption requests,
- contract management, and
- community engagement.
Services Australia's responsibilities
Services Australia is responsible for:
- identification and 'switch on' of participants,
- calculation of quarantined amount,
- payment of Rent Deduction Scheme and Centrepay deductions,
- directing funds to restricted and unrestricted accounts,
- transition of existing income management recipients in trial areas,
- managing change or circumstances that may impact trial eligibility,
- handling appeals and complaints that relate to elements for which Services Australia is responsible, and
- managing exits including when the trial ends.
Financial institution responsibilities
The financial institution is responsible for:
- establishing the restricted bank account for each participant,
- issuing the Cashless Debit Card to each participant,
- call centre,
- card related activities including replacement cards,
- balance checking, and
- merchant engagement and management.
Community body responsibilities
The community body, in the Ceduna and East Kimberley trial areas, is responsible for:
- establishing its guidelines,
- assessing applications to reduce restricted portion, and
- advising Centrelink of any decisions to reduce the restricted portion of an applicant's payments.