184.108.40.206 Parental leave pay (PLP) objectives
- allow those carers to take time off work to care for the child in the 2 years following the child's birth or adoption
- enhance the health and development of birth mothers and children
- encourage women to continue to participate in the workforce
- promote equality between men and women, and the balance between work and family life, and
- provide those carers with greater flexibility to balance work and family life.
The financial support provided by the scheme is intended to complement and supplement existing entitlements to paid or unpaid leave.
Act reference: PPLAct Part 1-1 Division 1A Objects of this Act