The Guides to Social Policy Law is a collection of publications designed to assist decision makers administering social policy law. The information contained in this publication is intended only as a guide to relevant legislation/policy. The information is accurate as at the date listed at the bottom of the page, but may be subject to change. To discuss individual circumstances please contact Services Australia. Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Spain

Who can claim

The Agreement with Spain contains all the claim lodgement provisions discussed in 10.1.4.

Article 7 - Residence or Presence in Spain or a Third State - covers claim lodgement and allows residents of Australia or Spain or a third country with which Australia has an agreement, to lodge claims for Australian benefits if they are in Australia, Spain or that third country and Australia's agreement with that third country includes provision for co-operation in claim lodgement under Australia's other agreements.

This provision only applies if the person has been an Australian resident at some time (except claimants for Double Orphan Pension).

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 5 Spain

Policy reference: SS Guide 10.1.4 Claiming Payments Using an Agreement

Last reviewed: