People who Travel to a Third Country - Agreement with Korea

Third country portability

The Agreement provides for payment of Age to people who are residing in Australia or Korea. Article 5 of the Agreement also allows Agreement pensioners who leave Australia or Korea to live in a third country (and are no longer considered a resident of Australia or Korea) to continue to be paid as long as Australian and Korean legislation would otherwise allow it.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 21 Republic of Korea

Last reviewed: 20 March 2015