3.1 When is a person entitled to redress?
To receive redress under the National Redress Scheme a person must be entitled to it. The following conditions must be met for a person to be entitled to redress:
- the person applies for redress and the application is valid
- the Operator considers there is a reasonable likelihood that the person meets the Scheme's eligibility requirements
- the application for redress is approved
- an offer of redress is made to the person
- the person accepts the offer of redress within the acceptance period.
Act reference: NRSAct Part 2-3 Division 1 Simplified outline of this Part, Part 2-3 Division 2 Application for redress under the scheme