1.1.L.10 Labour market programs (LMPs)
- administered by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment, and
- designed to help meet the needs of job seekers while looking for and starting employment.
Act reference: SSAct section 10A(2)-'employment'
LMPs provide a wide range of options to help respond to job seekers' needs in a flexible and appropriate way.
Examples: Services provided include:
- training for unemployed people
- assistance to employers who give jobs to unemployed people
- assistance for individuals, enterprises and regions
- support services for unemployed people, and
- formal vocational training.
The objective of LMPs is to give job seekers the necessary skills and work experience to enable them to compete more equitably in the labour market and obtain secure employment.