220.127.116.11 Waiting, preclusion & exclusion periods for YA
Which periods apply to YA?
The following waiting periods may apply to YA:
- liquid assets (1.1.L.50) test waiting period, known as the LAWP, AND
- compensation lump sum preclusion period (1.1.C.260), AND
- newly arrived resident's waiting period (1.1.N.70), known as the NARWP, AND
- income maintenance period (1.1.I.60), known as the IMP, AND
- seasonal work preclusion period (3.1.7) known as the SWPP, AND
- ordinary waiting period (18.104.22.168), known as the OWP (applies to YA jobseekers only).
Act reference: SSAct section 23(1)-'waiting period'
Employment related exclusion periods
In addition, the following employment related exclusion periods MAY apply to unemployed recipients ONLY; they do NOT apply to full-time students or Australian Apprentices:
- RapidConnect non-payment period, AND
- move to area of lower employment exclusion period, known as the MALEP, AND
- unemployment due to industrial action exclusion period.
Act reference: SSAct section 16A Seasonal work definitions, section 544A(1) If a YA Employment Pathway Plan is not …, section 553 Employment-related exclusions, section 553B Move to area of lower employment prospects
Policy reference: SS Guide 1.1.E.164 Exclusion period, 3.1.2 Waiting & preclusion periods, 3.1.7 Seasonal work preclusion period, 22.214.171.124 Move to area of lower employment prospects for JSP, YA & SpB recipients, 3.11.12 Initial connection to employment services (RapidConnect)