10.11.3.20 Benefits payable under the Agreement with Austria
Article 2 of the Agreement with Austria lists the Australian and Austrian benefits covered by the Agreement.
Australian benefits covered
The Australian benefits covered are:
- age pension
- disability support pension, for the severely disabled (unless an Australian resident and inside Australia at claim)
- carer payment (for people who are caring for a partner who is in receipt of Age or DSP)
- parenting payment (single) (for widowed persons), and
- double orphan pension.
Note: Although listed as Australian benefits covered in Article 2 of the Agreement, from 20 March 2020, WidB, and BVA ceased. Recipients of these payments were transferred to another payment, such as Age, where eligible.
Austrian benefits covered
The Austrian benefits covered are:
- Austrian retirement pension
- Austrian early retirement pension
- Austrian disability pension
- Austrian surviving spouse's pension
- Austrian orphan's pension
- Austrian personal care benefit, and
- Austrian additional amounts for dependent children.
Note: More information on benefits under Austrian Law is available from the Austrian Pension Insurance Institution website.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 10 Austria