188.8.131.52 Indexation of FTB
Indexation (1.1.I.80) provisions
Where indexation has not been paused, both FTB and CCS are indexed in line with CPI. In these circumstances, indexation would normally occur in July each year for CCS and applicable components of FTB except RA. RA is indexed in line with the CPI in March and September each year.
The following rates and thresholds, where indexation has not been paused, are indexed on 1 July based on the CPI increases:
- FTB Part A rates
- newborn supplement
- newborn upfront payment
- FTB Part A supplement
- FTB Part B supplement
- multiple birth allowance
- the FTB Part B rates
- the FTB ACO (1.1.A.80) rate
- the FTB Part A income free area
- the FTB Part A higher income free area
- standard basic MIFA, double basic MIFA and additional MIFA
- the FTB Part B secondary earner (1.1.S.25) income free area (1.1.I.40), and
- the FTB Part B primary earner (1.1.P.122) income limit.
The following table provides details of current indexation pauses:
|Thresholds||Commencement date||Next indexation|
|FTB Part A higher income free area||1 July 2009||1 July 2021|
|FTB Part B primary earner income limit||1 July 2009||1 July 2021|
The FTB Part A higher income free area was subject to a one-off increase on 1 July 2019 of $4,672, bringing the amount to $98,988.
SIFS rates are not subject to indexation.
From 20 September 2014, the ES ceased to be indexed.