1.1.A.80 Approved care organisation (ACO)
An ACO is an organisation that:
- co-ordinates or provides residential care services to young people in Australia (1.1.A.120), and
- is approved as an ACO by the Secretary.
- Agencies which:
- assist homeless youth
- care for children with intellectual or physical disabilities
- accommodate young refugees in order to help them adjust to Australian society, and
- adoption and foster care agencies that arrange pre-adoptive foster care, and
- public hospitals providing long term or permanent care for young people with a disability.
The Secretary may revoke an approval previously given to an organisation.