10.17.1.20 General Principles of the Agreement with Croatia
The Agreement with Croatia is a shared responsibility agreement that helps people to qualify for benefits they might not otherwise get and conforms to the principles of Australia's shared responsibility agreements by:
- allowing people to lodge claims for benefits in Australia and Croatia,
- allowing people to totalise to meet minimum residence qualifications for Australian benefits and minimum periods of insurance required for Croatian benefits,
- allowing agreement benefits to be paid in Croatia and Australia,
- prescribing the calculation of Australian benefits inside and outside Australia, and
- arranging administrative co-operation between Australia and Croatia.
Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 16 Croatia