22.214.171.124 Notification & Recipient Obligations for HCC
Notifiable events for HCC
In addition to the common notifiable events, HCC cardholders must notify Centrelink within the 14 day notification period, if any of the following events occur, or are likely to occur:
- low income HCC:
- a person registered as a dependant (1.1.D.65) ceases to be a dependant, or
- the cardholder's income in any 8 consecutive weeks equals or exceeds 125% of the applicable limit.Explanation: The applicable limit is advised on grant of the card. The applicable limit may vary with indexation increases.
- foster child HCC:
- foster child leaves care, or
- foster child leaves Australia, or
- foster child commences receiving an income support payment, or
- foster child income exceeds the FTB child limit for same age FTB child, or
- foster child aged 21 to 24 ceases full-time study.
- ex-CA HCC:
- ex-CA cardholder aged 16 to 25 ceases to be a full-time student.
Act reference: SSAct section 1061ZO Qualification, section 1071A Health care card income test
Some notification and recipient obligations are common to MOST payments, and explained elsewhere in the SS Guide.