9.3.2 Annual report on the operation of the Scheme
As soon as practicable after the end of each financial year, the Operator must prepare and give an annual report to the Minister about the operation of the Scheme during that financial year. The Minister must table this report for presentation in the Commonwealth Parliament.
The NRS Rules prescribe the requirements for the annual report, including what information must be included. Matters prescribed for inclusion in the annual report include:
- the number of people who applied for redress in the year
- the number of people who were determined by the Operator to be eligible for redress in the year
- the number of people who accepted or declined offers of redress in the year
- the number of institutions that were found responsible for abuse in the year
- details relating to redress payments that were paid in the year, including the range of the amounts of the payments and the total of the payments for the year
- details relating to the provision of the counselling and psychological component of redress in the year
- details relating to the provision of direct personal responses in the year.