4.1.1 Effective claims for PLP (PPL period)
A claim for PLP is only an effective claim if it:
- is made by a person who can make an effective primary (188.8.131.52), secondary (184.108.40.206), or tertiary (220.127.116.11) claim
- is in a form and manner required for the type of claim, and if it contains any information required and is accompanied by any documents required
- contains the claimant's TFN statement
- is made by a primary claimant in the period starting 97 days before the expected DOB or placement of the child and ending on the day before the child's first birthday or the first anniversary of the child's day of placement
- is made by a secondary claimant, there is an effective primary claim, and the secondary claim is made in the period starting 97 days before the expected DOB or placement of the child and ending on the day before the child's second birthday or the second anniversary of the child's day of placement.
In addition, if:
- the claim is a primary claim, the claim must state the nominated start date on which the primary claimant wants their PLP (PPL period) to start being paid
- the claim is a primary claim and it is made before the child's birth or placement for adoption, the claim must specify the child's expected date of birth or placement of the child
- the claim is a secondary claim and it is made before the day the secondary claimant expects to become the child's primary carer, the claim must specify the date the claimant expects to become the child's primary carer and contain information about the child's expected DOB or placement, or the claimants expected day of primary care
- the claim is made after the birth or date of placement for adoption for a primary claim, or the day of primary care for a secondary claim, it contains information about the child's actual DOB or placement, or the actual day of primary care
- the claim includes flexible PPL days, the claimant must declare they will not be working and will meet residency and primary care requirements on any flexible PPL days claimed.
A PLP (PPL period) claim that does not meet these requirements and does not contain all the information and accompanying documents required by Centrelink is not an effective claim and is taken not to have been made. A non effective claim cannot be determined by Centrelink.
A claimant whose PLP (PPL period) claim is not effective may claim again under the PPL scheme.
Act reference: PPLAct section 55 When a claim is effective, section 56 Requirements of the claim, section 57 Nominated start date, section 58 Expected date of birth and expected day of primary care, section 59 Tax file number statement, section 60 When to claim, section 275 How this Act applies to an adopted child
Policy reference: PPL Guide 1.1.N.20 Nominated start date, 2.2.5 Who is a primary carer for PLP?, 4.1.2 Types of claims & claimants for PLP, 4.1.3 Form of claim for PLP, 4.1.7 When to claim PLP, 4.1.8 Withdrawal or variation of claim for PLP