The Guides to Social Policy Law is a collection of publications designed to assist decision makers administering social policy law. The information contained in this publication is intended only as a guide to relevant legislation/policy. The information is accurate as at the date listed at the bottom of the page, but may be subject to change. To discuss individual circumstances please contact Services Australia. Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Norway

Who can claim

The Agreement with Norway differs from most of the other agreements Australia has in that it does not allow for third country lodgement. This means only residents of Australia or Norway can lodge claims for Australian or Norwegian benefits under the Agreement. This is provided for in Article 15 of the Agreement.

This provision only applies to applicants of Australian benefits if a person has been an Australian resident at some time (

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 19 Norway

Last reviewed: