The Guides to Social Policy Law is a collection of publications designed to assist decision makers administering social policy law. The information contained in this publication is intended only as a guide to relevant legislation/policy. The information is accurate as at the date listed at the bottom of the page, but may be subject to change. To discuss individual circumstances please contact Services Australia. Where People Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Canada

Where claims can be lodged

Claims for Australian benefits covered by the Agreement may be lodged:

Under Article 12 of the Agreement with Canada, the date on which a claim is lodged with any of the authorities mentioned in is the official date of lodgement for all purposes. This Article ensures that people outside Australia are not disadvantaged as a result of mailing delays.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 4 Canada

Policy reference: SS Guide Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Canada

Last reviewed: