The Guides to Social Policy Law is a collection of publications designed to assist decision makers administering social policy law. The information contained in this publication is intended only as a guide to relevant legislation/policy. The information is accurate as at the date listed at the bottom of the page, but may be subject to change. To discuss individual circumstances please contact Services Australia. CCS - CWA enrolment


CWA enrolments are created by approved providers (1.1.A.90) when they enter into a CWA with an individual (1.1.I.90). An individual is only eligible to receive CCS for sessions of care (1.1.S.40) if their child is enrolled under a CWA with the provider of the service.

The following details must be provided accurately in an enrolment notice for the CWA enrolment (1.1.E.25) to be linked to the individual's eligibility and entitlement (1.1.E.30) information held by Centrelink:

  • parent (1.1.P.10)/guardian (CCS claimant) CRN*
  • child CRN*
  • CCS claimant's DOB
  • child DOB
  • the parties to the arrangement (the provider and individual** liable to pay the fees)
  • enrolment start date (the date the arrangement was established)
  • whether care is expected to be provided on a routine or casual basis, or both
  • the days and times of any routine sessions of care (if applicable)
  • the usual fees to be charged for any routine sessions of care (or if there are none, a usual casual rate).

*A CWA enrolment notice can be submitted without a parent and/or child CRN if it is not available when the arrangement is created (to ensure providers can still meet the relevant timeframe for giving the notice). However, CCS cannot be paid until the provider updates the enrolment notice with the correct CRN/s and it is linked to the parent's CCS claim (1.1.C.27).

**A CCS claimant can be eligible for CCS if either they, or their partner (1.1.P.30), has incurred a liability to pay for sessions of care under a CWA. This means the individual who enters into the CWA with the provider can be either the CCS claimant themselves, or their partner. When submitting the enrolment notice for the child in the CCSS, the approved provider must submit the details of the parent who is the CCS claimant, even where they are not the parent on the CWA, to ensure subsidy can be paid.

The enrolment details must reflect the actual terms that the provider and individual have agreed to in their arrangement. The CCS claimant will need to confirm these details are correct (typically through their Centrelink online account) before CCS can be paid to the provider on their behalf.

Act reference: FA(Admin)Act section 200A Enrolment notices

CCSSecRules section 9 Requirements for complying written arrangements

Policy reference: FA Guide 2.6.1 CCS eligibility, 2.6.5 CCS - requirements relating to CWA

Last reviewed: