1.1.U.55 Unsuitable work
Work may be unsuitable for a job seeker if it:
- involves skills, experience or qualifications that the person does not have, and appropriate training will not be provided by the employer
- may aggravate a pre-existing illness, disability (1.1.D.160) or injury and medical evidence has been provided
- involves health or safety risks and would contravene an occupational health and safety law
- is subject to terms and conditions that are less generous than the applicable statutory conditions
- involves commuting from home to work that would be unreasonably difficult
- involves working more hours than a person's assessed capacity within the next 2 years with intervention
- involves enlistment in the Defence force or the Reserve forces
- is undertaken by a principal carer of a child or children under SSAct section 5(1) and appropriate care and supervision of the child/ren is not available during the hours the person would be required to work
- is the subject of industrial disputation
- requires the person to change their residence, or
- in the Secretary's opinion, is unsuitable for any other reason.
Example: On the basis of moral, cultural or religious grounds.