The Guides to Social Policy Law is a collection of publications designed to assist decision makers administering social policy law. The information contained in this publication is intended only as a guide to relevant legislation/policy. The information is accurate as at the date listed at the bottom of the page, but may be subject to change. To discuss individual circumstances please contact Services Australia. Where People Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Croatia

Where claims can be lodged

Claims for Australian benefits covered by the Agreement may be lodged:

  • in Croatia with the Croatian Pension Insurance Institute,
  • in a third country with which Australia has an appropriate Agreement, with the authority nominated in the Administrative Arrangement to the appropriate Agreement, and
  • in Australia with any Centrelink office.

Centrelink will assist people residing in Australia who wish to claim a Croatian benefit. For more information on claiming a Croatian benefit while living in Australia contact Centrelink International Services.

Article 17 of the Agreement with Croatia - Lodgement of Documents - ensures that the date on which a claim is lodged with any of the above-mentioned authorities is the official date of lodgement for all purposes. This Article ensures that people outside Australia are not disadvantaged as a result of mailing delays.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 16 Croatia

Last reviewed: