Who Can Lodge Claims under the Agreement with Japan

Who can claim

The Agreement with Japan allows for the third country lodgement provisions discussed in 10.1.4.

This means residents of Australia or Japan or a country with which Australia has a current social security agreement, that provides for the cooperation in the lodgement and assessment of third country claims, can lodge claims for Australian benefits under the Agreement.

Act reference: SS(IntAgree)Act Schedule 23 Japan

Last reviewed: