188.8.131.52 Notification & recipient obligations for MOB
Notifiable events for MOB
In addition to the common notifiable events, MOB recipients must notify Centrelink within the 14 day notification period:
- if any of the following events occur, or are likely to occur
- change of employer, OR
- cessation of JSP, OR
- cessation of YA, OR
- cessation of Austudy, OR
- receipt of a car under the Vehicle Assistance Scheme from DVA, OR
- becoming a participant in the NDIS and receive a funded package of support, OR
- commencing a Department of Health and Aged Care funded rehabilitation program, OR
- leaving Australia, OR
- being in gaol or psychiatric confinement.
- if receiving MOB at the standard rate
- cessation of paid work, vocational training, or voluntary work, OR
- the number of hours spent on vocational training, work or voluntary work falls below 32 hours every 4 weeks, OR
- cessation of job search activities as part of an EPP with an employment services provider, OR
- cessation of participation in DES - DMS.
- if receiving MOB at the higher rate
- the number of hours spent working falls to below 15 hours a week, OR
- change of job search activities under an EPP, or an agreement with a DEWR funded service provider, to look for work of less than 15 hours per week, OR
- cessation of job search activities under an EPP, or with a DEWR funded service provider.
Some notification and recipient obligations are common to MOST payments, and are explained in 3.1.