188.8.131.52 Change of rate circumstances
- rate circumstances affecting FA
- rate circumstances affecting FTB
- rate circumstances affecting only FTB Part A.
Note: Change of circumstances that may affect CCS and ACCS are outlined in 184.108.40.206.
Rate circumstances affecting FA excluding CCS & ACCS
An individual must notify Centrelink if:
- they commence or cease providing care for an FTB or regular care child (1.1.R.21)
- they become or cease being a member of a couple (1.1.M.50).
An individual should notify Centrelink if there are changes in their, or their partner's (1.1.P.30):
- taxable income (1.1.T.20)
- reportable fringe benefits
- target foreign income (1.1.T.05), including tax exempt foreign employment income
- total net investment loss (1.1.T.53)
- tax free pension or benefit
- reportable superannuation contributions (1.1.R.35), or
- deductible child maintenance expenditure (3.2.7).
Act reference: FAAct Schedule 3 Adjusted taxable income
Rate circumstances affecting FTB
An individual who receives FTB by instalment must notify Centrelink if:
- they and/or their partner leave Australia (1.1.A.120) even for a short time, or return to Australia
- their FTB or regular care child
- leaves Australia even for a short time, or return to Australia
- commences or ceases receiving an income support payment (1.1.I.50)
- commences or ceases being their partner
- is prevented from being in their care without their consent, or is in their care to a reduced extent due to another person's non-compliance with a care arrangement (1.1.C.05)
- becomes or ceases being an Australian resident (1.1.A.130)
- who is not an Australian resident, commences or ceases living with them
- is aged 16 to 18 years and ceases or recommences full-time secondary study (1.1.F.60), or
- the shared care percentage for their FTB or regular care child changes.
Rate circumstances affecting only FTB Part A
An individual who receives FTB must notify Centrelink if:
- their FTB child is aged 19 years and ceases or recommences full-time secondary study
- they are, or are not, taking reasonable maintenance action, or
- there is a change in the amount of their maintenance income.
If the individual receives RA as part of their FTB Part A rate, they must notify Centrelink of any changes to the amount of rent paid.