1.1.E.160 Exchange trading system
This definition applies to all income support payments under the SSAct.
An exchange trading system is a scheme in which members:
- barter their services for consideration other than cash, or
- receive credits for services performed for other members.
The Secretary may class an ETS as an 'approved scheme' where the scheme meets criteria stated in the SSAct that:
- it is a local community-based system
- its primary purpose is to help persons maintain their labour skills and keep them in touch with the labour market, and
- it is not a system run by a person or organisation for profit.