1.1.R.210 Residence requirements
This definition applies to all payments.
A person must meet specific residence (1.1.R.200) requirements or residence qualifications to qualify for a payment under the SSAct.
Residence requirements differ from payment to payment and can depend on the:
- person's residence status with the Department of Home Affairs
- person having certain minimum periods as an Australian resident
- person having the legal right to remain in Australia (1.1.A.320) permanently
- person's ties with their former country and Australia, AND
- existence of certain conditions prior to entering Australia.
Residence requirements should always be considered in the context of the payment in question.
All payments have a section in SSAct Chapter 2 included in their part that deal with residence qualifications.