1.1.P.236 Personal financial crisis - OWP
What constitutes experiencing a personal financial crisis
A person satisfies the circumstances of experiencing a personal financial crisis if in the 4 weeks prior to the person's start date:
- they have been subjected to domestic violence
- they incurred unavoidable or reasonable expenditure
- they were in gaol or psychiatric confinement
- the person
- first entered Australia, and
- was the holder of a humanitarian visa on that entry to Australia, or
- the person's principal place of residence was lost or sustained major damage as a result of an extreme circumstance.
A person must be in severe financial hardship (1.1.S.125) and experiencing a personal financial crisis to be eligible for an exemption from the OWP.