1.1.C.190 Clean energy payment
From 20 September 2014 the ES replaced the clean energy supplement (CES). Refer to 18.104.22.168 for more details.
These payments were introduced in 2012 as part of the Clean Energy Future measure to assist households adjust to the introduction of a carbon price from 1 July 2012. The clean energy payments formed part of the measure's household assistance package, together with payments under the following Acts or administrative schemes:
- the Farm Household Support Act 1992
- the A New Tax System (Family Assistance) Act 1999
- the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986
- the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004
- the Veterans' Children Education Scheme
- the MRCA Education and Training Scheme, and
- the ABSTUDY scheme.
Act reference: SSAct section 23(1)-'clean energy payment'