1.1.S.230 Special benefit homeless person (SpB)
A homeless person is a person who does not live at the home of either or both of their parents because:
- of extreme family breakdown or other similar exceptional circumstances, OR
- it would be unreasonable to expect the person to do so as there would be a serious risk to his or her physical or mental well-being due to violence, sexual abuse or other similar unreasonable circumstances, OR
- their parents are unable to provide the person with a suitable home owing to lack of stable accommodation.
An SpB homeless person CANNOT:
- be a member of a couple (1.1.M.120), OR
- have dependent children, OR
- be receiving continuous support from a parent or guardian, OR
- be receiving continuous income support from the Australian, a state or territory government.